Monday, July 28, 2008

Kayijuka's Church Part II

All last week Kayijuka kept asking me what I was going to preach on at his church on Sunday (a small, rural, Anglican church just outside of Kigali) and I seriously thought he was joking. Apparently not. On Saturday night he confirmed that I was to preach no less than 30 minutes and that Julienne would be interpreting for me. I was so exhausted Saturday night but it didn’t matter – I had a sermon to prepare! I gave a sermon on worship* and how worship can not only be our songs and prayers but our lifestyles/work an acts of service as well. At first I didn’t know what I was going to say or why I was preaching on that – their worship (singing, dancing, and drums) is absolutely amazing and there is no doubt in my mind that heaven is going to look like that. I told them that and they all cheered. My heart burst as I watched it all going on. That was probably my favorite moment so far.



Here is a picture of all the little children waving goodbye! LOVE THEM.




*Dear John McGowan, contrary to how it looks, I did not steal your message. I promise. I did the research and came up with the points on my own. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lauren I continue to be so amazed at all you are doing and so honored to know you and inspired by you. I can tell by your last several posts that you are learning and growing a great deal there. Have fun! Continue writing~ I love to read what you are doing!
Praying for you always....
Love, Nicole :)

Anonymous said...

I want to hug them all:)