Wednesday, July 16, 2008

And we're off!

Here I am, sitting in terminal C5 of BWI and I'm going to be boarding my first plane in about 12 minutes. I absolutely can not believe that this day has arrived. It has felt like such a far-off, unattainable thing for so long and now, here it is! I didn't cry as much as I thought I would but there were a few tears as I hugged my mom and brother goodbye. I know that this experience is going to be amazing and honestly, there is nothing that is making me super nervous - it's more that I just have no concept of what to expect. Maybe that's good - to not be constrained by and contained to my own expectations. I think I have packed everything that I need (although Beau talked me out of packing my lotion and now, knowing that my bags were underweight, wonder if I should have reconsidered that decision!) and I know that I will be well provided for there. I am ready! Ready to learn, ready to experience, ready to serve.

Make sure you email! I might not always be able to get back to you as soon as I would like but I will always be very grateful to hear from you and what's going on in your life.

And we're off!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'll take the "blame" but in my defense, your home scale was off by 4lbs!!

We'll miss you, Miss Ellis... allow Him to take hold of the reigns.